Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday letter Monday Dec. 6, 2010

General
Happy Saint Nicholas Day. If I were the age of your children I would be writing my Christmas list and putting it in one of my socks and pinning it to one of the drawers of my dad's desk tonight. Saint Nicholas would come tonight and get our lists and leave us a candy bar and maybe some little pieces of candy. Then Saint Nicholas would give the list to Santa Claus so he know what we wanted for Christmas. For us now in 2010 it is the first day of the last 2 weeks of school before Christmas vacation. Tomorrow is decorating day, remind your child to bring in their work shirt for decorating. If you are sending cranberries or popcorn send it in also tomorrow. If you want to help with cookie baking next week, please send in the slip so I know if and who I have helping. We will be selecting cookie recipes from cookbooks this Thurs. so if you have a good cookbook with normal not real fancy cookies you can send that in on Thurs. I have a pretty good collection. I will tell this to the class also. The music Christmas concert is Wed. in the gym. I think the beginning band needs to be here at 6:00 pm. There is a dress down day this Friday with a free will donation going to Jamie Smiles Program. There will be a note tomorrow explaining the Jamie Smiles Program. Next Wed. is the school Christmas Program. The midterm is this Friday. We are trying to do midterms this time on line by having you check "Fast Direct" for your child's grades. Then you would need to email me or send in a note that said you saw the midterm.

Work
This weeks memory is Isaiah 9:6 on page 211. There will be a spelling list and test this week.
I am working on trying to finish the first 7 lessons in English on this verb chapter and have a test before Christmas vacation. I am not sure if we will get the Social Studies information completed or not. It will be tight to get it done and have the test. We started sharing Christmas stories today. Your child has their date and it will be adapted since we got behind already today.

Sports
Congratulations to the boys team for winning the Spartan Classic this weekend. There is an away game and Thurs. this week. The boys have a tournament at Lutheran High Northwest.
The girls have practice Wed and Friday.

That is it for this week.

In His Service,
Deanna Hollrah

No comments:

Post a Comment