Tuesday, May 17, 2011

assignment update 5-17-11

Math - my class has lesson 112 for tomorrow, and Mr. Anders' class has lesson 115 for tomorrow. They really didn't have it for today.
Spelling - they received a list today and the test will be next Tues.
Writing Workshop - Mrs Brown has a note below because she is changing some of the deadline dates.
Mrs. Brown's note
As writing workshop progresses, I've come to realize that the deadlines I've set for the class are unrealistic. I think that having Fridays as one of my writing days has put us behind the 8 ball! My main concern is that, by rushing through in order to get to the final product, I won't be teaching the required concepts effectively. Therefore, I want to extend the deadlines as we proceed. We won't get to the final copy, but hopefully the class will learn more along the way. So please disregard the calendar of due dates that you signed a few weeks ago. I want to use more class time to write note cards, and then teach the class how to use the note cards to write the rough draft. We'll also look at the on-line resources that are available.

My goal for the remainder of the year is for the children to see the relationship between the working outline, the note cards, and writing the rough draft. I'll see how we progress today in writing the note cards and will update you later in the week as to the next due date, but nothing will be due this week.

Help! Mrs. Mona Wade the concession supervisor needs help in preparing the light dinner for the Athletic Banquet. If you can help please let her know. Her number is in the school phone directory. (usually it is spaghetti or something like that)

No comments:

Post a Comment