Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday newsletter 5-23-11

General
The year seems to be racing to an end. Please check for notes and keep up with the information that is being sent home. This week is the Fine Arts Festival. That means we all need to be here Wed. evening. Band and Good News Choir are performing along with all other music groups. Everyone is to wear white on top and black on the bottom. Band needs to be here at 6:00 pm and the choir only should be here at 6:15 pm. The band needs to bring their instruments tomorrow (Tues) as well as Wed. They are practicing with the upper grade band. Percussion does not have bring their instruments tomorrow. I will be sending a note about the field trip next Tues. going over some details for the trip. I got a lot of coolers donated. I will email you if I need yours to be brought and I will probably have a few for back up. I still need several permission slips yet to be turned in. Plus there are still some midterms and tests or test notes that haven't been turned in.
Work
Academic work will continue through Thurs. June 2nd. All work - late, absent, math corrections or whatever, needs to be turned in Friday June 3rd before I go home. I will not accept anything on Monday June 4th. June 4th is the field day and collecting books and cleaning out the desks. So please remind your child of the deadline as I will be reminding them here at school. This week there is no Friday memory since again we have no Friday. But Monthly Memory needs to be done by Thurs. if they don't want to sit by me on the bus to Lansing. The book report is due on Tues. June 1st. There is a spelling test tomorrow from the list from last Tues. There are no other tests this week.
Sports
State meet participants will have practice this week and next. A schedule was sent home with them today. Other participants can clean their uniform and turn it in or check with Mr. Anders for procedures for turning it in.
Other
A note is being sent to you about the end of the year "Field Day" It is asking for volunteer help and items. Please read it and respond to it. Check on anything your child might owe for different things and get that taken care of with the office. Please help your child collect their pledges for the walk-a-thon and get that turned in as soon as possible. I am not sure but I think that is all.
In His Service,
Deanna Hollrah

No comments:

Post a Comment